Formerly known as Happiness at School
Who We Are
As a Canadian Not For Profit corporation and soon-to-be Registered Charity, we bring joy to classrooms one laugh at a time through a one-of-a-kind learning experience that immediately captures student’s attention in schools that are far too serious.
Our Vision: A greater community of youth who are empowered to be kind, inclusive, resilient, confident and mentally healthy.
Our Mission: Trained comedian coaches support youth in turning their problems into humour and in dealing positively with their mental health and well-being. In an inclusive environment, youth enhance their literacy skills by shaping their own stories in a unique stand up comedy format.
- Provides an engaging forum for conversations about mental health and well-being
- Develops healthy coping mechanisms for dealing with stress and anxiety while promoting kindness and inclusion
- Builds confidence and mindfulness through personal storytelling and humour
- Develops written and oral literacy skills in a fun environment
The program delivery model is FUN and teachers have confirmed that it also:
- Develops life skills including problem solving, collaboration and public speaking
- Develops character strengths including creativity, gratitude, honesty and humour
- Enhances social skills and reduces bullying with non-hurtful humour